Cavities are a common dental problem, and dental fillings are a solution to them. This dental procedure helps to restore the function of your teeth without compromising your smile. Different kinds of dental filling options are available, out of which composite fillings make a popular choice for many.
What is a Composite Filling?
A composite dental filling blends with the natural appearance of your teeth and is used to fill your cavities. It is made using resin. Our dentist removes the damaged area of your teeth and then fills it with resin filling. The results not only help restore the proper function of your teeth but also enhance your smile.
Why Opt for a Composite Filling?
We may suggest this procedure if you are suffering from a cavity or tooth decay. Composite fillings are an apt procedure for minimal tooth decay. For more extensive tooth decay or damage, we may use other procedures such as dental crowns. Apart from this, fillings are also used for the restorative procedure if the function of your teeth has been compromised.
What is the Procedure of Composite Fillings?
We will remove the decay from your teeth and fill the area using strong and durable fillings. The fillings are then bonded to your existing teeth, thereby restoring their proper function.
How Do Composite Fillings Work?
Composite fillings work in many ways. Its application keeps your tooth decay from getting worse and spreading to other areas of your teeth. Once we bond these fillings to your teeth, they keep the bacteria from getting into your teeth, especially the area where you had earlier suffered from the decay.
We use ultraviolet light to bond the fillings to your teeth. This step makes the structure of your teeth much stronger, and if the fillings are maintained properly, they last long.
What are the Benefits of Composite Fillings?
- Unlike silver or amalgam fillings, composite fillings offer a more natural appearance to your teeth. You wouldn't feel shy while smiling with these fillings as they blend well with your other teeth.
- The procedure involving composite fillings doesn't take a lot of time. In some cases, we can complete it in a single visit only.
- Composite fillings help to resist fracture.
- They are an inexpensive procedure that gives out long-term results.
- Composite fillings are a safer alternative to amalgam fillings as they do not include any toxic substance to harm your health.
Please reach out to our dental practice in West Jordan, UT, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Gardois. Please call us at (801) 871-5820 or schedule an online consultation, and we'll guide you further.