Everyone needs dental care, from children to adults. Many adults ignore the importance of proper oral hygiene, thereby falling prey to one or the other problem. Such conditions also lead to pain, discomfort, difficulty eating food, and even speaking. It is, therefore, integral that you visit our dental clinic regularly and get your mouth checked to keep yourself healthy.
Why is Adult Dental Care Necessary?
Just like children, adults, too, are prone to various dental infections and diseases. Since their bodies are a little compromised, they require more healing. The mouth houses thousands of bacteria, leading to several concerns like cavities, gum disease, damaged teeth, etc. If not treated on time, it may lead to further complications.
Apart from this, adults are also vulnerable to gum diseases. In some cases, our dentist will suggest restoration, while others need teeth replacement using implants or dentures.
What to Expect with Adult Dentistry?
When you visit our clinic for a dental examination, our dentist will check your mouth by physically examining it or with a visual dental examination. We may also perform an X-ray to check the condition of your teeth. After diagnosing your condition, we will decide the best treatment.
We may also suggest dental cleaning to maintain your oral health. Professional dental cleaning involves cleaning your teeth thoroughly and removing the accumulation of plaque and tartar from them. Apart from giving you suitable treatment and professional dental cleaning, we will also suggest some measures to maintain your dental hygiene.
What are the Procedures Involving Adult Dentistry?
Different kinds of procedures and treatments may be performed by our dentist, depending upon your dental problem. Some of the most common practices that we suggest to our patients include dental implants, dental sealants, dental veneers, orthodontic treatments and procedures, prophylaxis, and others.
How to Maintain Excellent Oral Hygiene?
- You must brush and floss your teeth twice a day as it helps to remove bacterial plaque and keeps your teeth and mouth clean.
- Always adhere to our advice of staying away from sugary foods whenever possible as they are the main culprits of tooth decay.
- Avoid smoking or consuming other tobacco products. Please avoid drinking too much alcohol and beverages like tea and coffee because they stain your teeth.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
- Visit our dental clinic from time to time for an oral examination, dental cleaning, and other procedures to help you maintain your oral health.
Please reach out to our dental practice in West Jordan, UT, to have a consultation with our dentist, Dr. Gardois. Please call us at (801) 871-5820 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.